The need for renewable energy resources has created challenging engineering projects such as offshore wind farms, offshore grids and platforms, blue energy and in general offshore infrastructure.
In this type of projects, geotechnics, hydrodynamic forces, morphodynamics and scour protection play an important role. Subsoil and metocean data is the input and boundary condition for these projects.
Oil & Gas and marine experience has been the backbone for the development of offshore wind technology in terms of standards, codes and construction processes. In renewable energy projects investments are optimized while working in multidisciplinary teams facing multiple engineering challenges. They need a good interface among the different engineering fields, to talk a precise technical language and have a sound contractual background. Familiarity with international norms, standards and guidelines are tools used daily and that all these specialists have to master.
The experience gained by TORGUN in the North Sea environment (Belgium, UK, France, Germany) is an asset we can offer for this type projects. Working in international teams for project developpers and contractors has allowed us to gain a strong knowledge and experience in this type of projects.
- Execution of feasibility studies
- Preparation of desktop studies (geo, hydro, morpho)
- Follow-up of surveys & data interpretation
- Conceptual design & 3D parametric modeling
- Set-up of Employer’s requirements
- Support to detail design
- Design reviews
- Technical appraisal
- Foundations and support structures
- Scour protection
- Cables & pipeline routes
- Procurement (strategy, tender documentation, evaluation, negotiation, …)
- Design and certification management
- Interfaces and interface management
Contact us in association with this topic