The need of alternative environmental friendly energy resources has established the need of projects in areas with challenging engineering; this is the case of wind parks, cable grids, HCVA, Oil & Gas industry and in general offshore infrastructure.
In this type of projects, hydrodynamic forces, sediment transport, morphodynamics and scour protection play an important role. The marine environment and metocean data is the input and boundary condition for these projects. Blue energy (wave and tidal) is also a promising energy source where the knowledge of metocean environment is very important.
Offshore wind technology has been permeated by the experience of the Oil & Gas offshore infrastructure in terms of standards, codes and construction processes. This type of projects mean an enormous investment with complex engineering and multidisciplinary teams facing multiple challenges. They need a good interface among the different engineering fields, which allows to talk a precise technical language with a legal and contractual background. Familiarity with international norms, standards and guidelines are tools used daily and that all these specialists have to master.
The experience gained by TORGUN in the difficult North Sea environment (Belgium, UK, France, The Netherlands) is an asset we can offer for this type projects. Working for contractors and in international teams with other consultants has allowed us to gain a strong knowledge and experience in this type of projects.
- Execution of feasibility studies
- Preparation of desktop studies (geo, hydro, morpho)
- Follow-up of surveys & data interpretation
- Conceptual design & 3D parametric modeling
- Set-up of Employer’s requirements
- Support to detail design
- Design reviews
- Technical appraisal
- Electricity, Oil&Gas infrastructure
- Wave analysis
- Morphological studies
- Scour protection
- Cables & pipeline routes
- Weather downtime assessment
- Procurement (tender documentation, evaluation, negotiation, …)
- Marine construction and installation
- Design and certification process of offshore wind and offshore grid projects
- Interfaces and interface management of offshore wind and offshore grid projects
- Planning of multi-disciplinary projects and selecting a procurement strategy
- Custom-made trainings on demand
Contact us in association with this topic